The Boston Globe recently discussed gun confiscation as the goal of all gun control advocates.
Unlike most gun buy-back or gun control programs, they openly discuss what it would take to confiscate guns from Americans.
As we discussed here several years ago, the cost of an attempted gun buy back would be horrific, resulting in hundreds of thousands of dead, if not outright civil war.
There are millions of gun owners that possess guns that would presumably be confiscated under such a scheme.
|760,000 Police Raids will end badly for the US|
Some 75 million Americans own guns, with an average of 8 guns per household.
It is impossible to know with certainty what percentage of those gun owners would comply with a gun confiscation order.
The key question would be what percentage of non-compliant gun owners would resist with gunfire when the police showed up to confiscate their guns.
For the sake of being extremely conservative, let’s assume that 99% of gun owners will turn in all their guns. And of the remaining 1% of resisters, or 760,000 people, 99% of them are just posers that won’t resist when the midnight knock on the door comes. That leaves 7,600 gun crazies that will start shooting when the cops show up. That is almost 18 shoot outs in each congressional district, and 150 in each state.
7,600 shootouts between cops and armed, prepared fanatics. The problem is that the cops don’t know for sure which gun owners will shoot back.
They will have to knock on 760,000 doors and will got shot at randomly 7,600 times. (And these are extremely conservative estimates!)
The police will not tolerate this situation. They will immediately transition to heavy handed raid tactics for all confiscation encounters, not just where they meet active resistance.
Imagine hundreds of thousands of raids, each with a SWAT team, breaching explosives, and more.
The carnage would be incredible. It would require 20 raids per day in each state, or over 1,000 per day for 2 years in order to confiscate guns from a 99% compliant population.
The police don’t have the manpower. The public will never stand for it open warfare against the people. The violence will escalate until there is open civil war.
This idea is utter madness that will kill hundreds of thousands of Americans, if not millions.
And yet is openly endorsed by a major newspaper... Let that sink in for a moment.